100 gms rice noodle, pre-soaked in warm water until soft and drained
5 medium sized prawns, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup chive or green onion, cut into 3 cm pieces
1 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 cup bean sprout or cabbage
1 tbsp garlic (minced)
1 tbsp shallot (minced)
1/3 cup tofu extra firm cut in 1 cm strips
1 tbsp tamarind paste or white vinegar
1 tbsp pickled white radish, finely chopped
1 tbsp ground roasted peanut or ground roasted cashew nut
1 pinch dried red chili powder
1. Heat the oil over low heat, add garlic and shallot and fry until fragrant
2. Add prawns, tofu, bean-sprout, chives and stir until prawns are cooked
3. Crack the egg straight into the wok, stir rapidly until it becomes scrambled and cooked.
4. Add noodles and season with fish sauce, palm sugar, ground roasted peanut, ground dried red chili powder, tamarind paste and pickled white radish. Mix everything together, and keep stirring.
5. When the noodles are softened and translucent, switch off the heat.
6. Sprinkle ground peanut and ground dried chili powder. Season to taste.
7. Squeeze the lime over the noodles and serve with fresh bean-sprout, chives or spring onion