Friday 9 April 2010

Recipe: Fizzy Strawberry


Preparing a glass of healthy fizzy strawberry juice is very easy. In Thailand the strawberry season is between December and March. Many Thais would freeze them and they can be used at any time of the year without having to wait for the season to come. I do that, too. Strawberries stay fresh in the freezer.

You need some strawberries, a small glass of cold water, a dash of salt & honey or sugar if you like it sweet. As for me, I prefer the original sourish taste of the strawberries.


Using a hand blender, blend all the ingredients above.
Finally, add a small glass of lime or lemon soda and continue
blending for another minute.
The result: a glass of refreshing fizzy strawberry drink to quench your thirst on a hot afternoon.

#Note: To make it into fizzy milk shake, replace cold water with milk.

1 comment:

Ewan said...

Salam Lyn, you nailed me again with this strawberry entry hehehehe... One of the fondest things I have in Krungthep is indeed the 'yee-sip-baht' packs of strawberries by the roadside.
They say it's a girls' snack but I don't care! Hahahah