Tuesday 7 October 2008

Nam prik kapee - Thai sambal belacan

Nam prik kapee served with steamed vegetables:
cabbage,long beans,tomatoes and brinjals



This recipe is specially requested by Uncle Joe.

5 prik Thai (cili padi) - add more if you want it to be more spicy
1 clove of kra thiam(garlic)
1 tbsp kapee (shrimp paste/belacan)
1 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce)
juice from 1 lime (nam manao)
palm sugar (nam dtahn)

Pound prik Thai, kra thiam and kapee. Add nam pla, nam manao and nam dtahn to taste.

4 comments:

LYNN said...

Have you tried the recipe, Uncle Joe?

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynn,
I have just visited your blog now as I just came back from Kuching cooking Briyani Lamb, Beef, Ayam Masak Merah, Dalcha and Nasi Briyani Johor for the cooks at Auntie Doris's restaurant. I hope they would introduce these soon in the restaurant.
I shall try it out soon. Bye & salam to Heiron. Kaap kon krap. Uncle Joe & Auntie Doris.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynn,
I shall try it soon. Thanks for getting the aroi dee recipe. I only read your blog now as I was in Kuching with Auntie Doris cooking at her restaurant. They wanted me to show them how to prepare our family recipe for Johor Briyani (Rice, Lamb, beef & chicken masak merah) and dalcha. Kaap kon krap & salam to Kheiron. Uncle Joe & Auntie Doris.

LYNN said...

I prepared this yesterday and had it with whatever vege available in the fridge. The result can be seen in the first picture which I've just added.