Thursday 8 May 2008

It's Fruit Season in Thailand!

If you love to eat local Thai fruit, April and May are the best months to visit Bangkok as it's the fruit season. They are really cheap and you can get them at almost everywhere in Bangkok. Never buy them at Siam Paragon as they are over priced there. This morning I bought 3 kilos of mangosteen(mangkut) which cost me only THB50(about RM5). Durians(thulian)-be it monthong, channi or kadum- are being sold at as low as THB25 per kilo. Besides these two, there are also mango (ma'muang), lychee (linchee), papaya (malakow) etc. what I love most being in Bangkok is the food served. I lurvvvve food and because of that I realised that I've gained some kilos since I first got here in January 2008. Muslim halal food is not difficult to find as there are many of such restaurants over here. From time to time I shall introduce these eating places in this blog. I've finished reading 'Tears of the Moon' by Nora Roberts, 'West End Girls' by Jenny Colgan and 'The Spellman Files' by Lisa Lutz. Currently I'm reading 'Biografi Muhammad bin Abdullah' by Zulkifli Mohd. Yusoff and Nor Naemah Abd Rahman.

No comments: